Absolutely. ASCAP/ BMI are PRO's and have nothing to do with copyrights. All ASCAP, SESAC, and BMI do is collect and distribute funds for performance royalties on your behalf. It's up to you to copyright your song. When using the Copyright SR form, you copyright your song and say you've "included other copyrighted material", i.e., the instrumental.
Articles in this section
- Is there an easier way to search on SFR Beats besides the search engine?
- Can you guys sign me to your record label?
- Do you have an app?
- Can I get in touch with specific producers on the site?
- How do I monetize my songs on YouTube?
- Do you offer lyrics and songwriting services?
- Do you have an App for downloading beats?
- Are you able to tune my vocals a bit to make my song radio ready if I send it to you?
- Even if you're a member of ASCAP / BMI / SESAC, is it still best to copyright the music?
- YouTube said a Copyright Claim was made for my Song but I bought my Beat! Help!